Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Project Updates

I missed posting in the month of May!

Well I have been very busy, I am involved with 2 different computer groups in town. One is a Linux user group and the other is a Computer Security group.

I've been presenting at both and have had no time to post what projects I've been doing!

So I have completely converted to Linux for my everyday computing. For the Last month I have been rocking Linux Mint 14 KDE on my 64 GB SSD and it has been great. The only issue I have had is with My Laptop's  battery life. On Windows it lasts about 2- 2:30 hours, while on linux it lasts about 1 hour and 30 minutes. That is even after turning off the DVD drive the webcam, and mic. Plus installing the packages to make linux more laptop friendly. 

Kali Linux is amazing! I have it on my Netbook, the Pi, Multi-boot jump drives, and on my Sdcard (which my laptop can boot from).

I am studying for the LPIC1 which is going well. I got the book from O'Reilly, here is a link to it LPIC-1 Study Guide

I am going to Defcon 21 and to BSides Las Vegas. I also Submitted a talk for Defcon, we will have to see if I get in.

I have also been doing a lot with the Raspberry Pi. Multi-booting, playing with new OS's, and just got my Pi Cam. This week I plan on doing a project with it. And it will be documented and posted.

I also am staring to build my own destro, based on Debian 7 stable, more of that to come in the future.

I have a Raspberry Pi war-driver project in the works, and I am making a Tv cabinet to put all my electronic gear in so my little one won't be tempted to play with it.

That reminds me of something else I did. I Fixed a 44 Inch Samsung DLP TV. It had a Bad color wheel and lamp. I spent about $240 and it is working wonderfully. It has HDMI, VGA, and DVI input, so I am super Stoked. We have been watching tv off of my older 55 inch rear projection Mitsubishi Tv, though s-video, so you can imagine the difference.

My LapDecks are amazing, I bring one with me on my Laptop bag at all times.

I'm playing with Bittorrent Sync on the Raspberry Pi, and also part of a team in Cyber Olympics, more to come on that in the future.

I have flashed Ubuntu Touch to my Nexus 7, and flashed android back.

I have flashed CM 10.1 RC2 on my S3 and Love it!

I have also been playing with the Kos cable for android and his lovely little command line app that can grab all sorts of fun files off what ever phone I plug it into.

I am still playing Ingress, Currently I am Level 7.

I live on Google plus, so if you have any questions or comments, leave them there, and I'll get back with you.



Oh yea, almost forgot.... I have Finally Bought My First Personal Domain Name..... Welcome to Securityiskey.net!!!